Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to LFC Live.net.
According to reports, Liverpool are now 'increasingly likely' to sign Alexander Isak.(Image: Photo by Harriet Massey/Getty Images)Liverpool are 'increasingly likely' to complete their blockbuster move for Newcastle United star Alexander Isak - according to reports.
However, due to their progress in talks to sign VfB Stuttgart star Nick Woltemade and the exploration to sign Jorgen Strand Larsen or Yoane Wissa, there is a growing possibility that Liverpool can end Isak's nightmare.
The 25-year-old released a shock statement during the PFA Awards where he outlined 'broken promises' as one of the reasons for his unhappiness within Eddie Howe's squad.
Prior to that, the player missed pre-season friendlies in Scotland and the Far East, before he was forced to train on his own upon their return to Tyneside.
READ MORE:Gary Neville and Ian Wright share same Liverpool v Arsenal prediction but Jamie Carragher disagreesREAD MORE:Liverpool make Harvey Elliott transfer decision after £51m Tottenham Hotspur move
This week, it was reported that - prior to Liverpool's dramatic 3-2 win at St James' Park over Newcastle - co-owner Jamie Reuben and a representative of their majority shareholders, Saudi Arabia's Private Investment Fund, met with Isak and his entourage in a bid to build bridges, in order to reintegrate him back into the side.
However, it emerged that Isak doubled down on his unhappiness at the club and continued his demand to make a dream move to Liverpool.
Now, Craig Hope from The Daily Mail has reported that Isak's move to Liverpool is becoming 'increasingly likely'.
Newcastle are said to have not given up on signing Strand Larsen, who will miss Wolves' Premier League meeting against Everton this weekend, as a third offer for the Norwegian is considered.
Woltemade is on Tyneside to complete a deal for Newcastle, but it has been said that Newcastle want two to sign strikers before the window slams shut on Monday.
Despite not featuring competitively for Newcastle so far this season, Isak was named in the Sweden squad for the forthcoming international break.
However, by the time a ball is kicked in their World Cup qualifiers against Slovenia and Kosovo, the forward may be a Liverpool player.
Transfer deadline day is almost upon us and Liverpool still have business to do.
It's already been a busy summer for the Premier League champions but they could still pull off a couple of blockbuster signings as the window comes to a close.
Alexander Isak's future remains unresolved, with the striker refusing to play or train for Newcastle United.
Liverpool remain interested in a deal for the Swede.
Meanwhile, Marc Guehi has been a player of interest all summer and Liverpool could still launch a last-minute deal for the Crystal Palace defender.
You can keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and receive updates directly to your phone by subscribing to our LFC newsletters or joining our WhatsApp community below:
You can also follow LivEchoLFC on X (formerly Twitter) or Facebook, or listen to our podcasts on Spotify or YouTube by searching for Blood Red.
For the latest news and breaking news, visit liverpoolecho.co.uk/all-about/liverpool-fc.
Get all the major headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Follow us on Twitter @?LivEchoLFC - the official Liverpool ECHO LFC Twitter account - for all the latest LFC news as it happens in real time.
We're also on Facebook/LiverpoolEchoLFC - your must-see LFC news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Liverpool ECHO.
Listen to our podcasts by searching for 'Blood Red' wherever you get your podcasts.
Article continues below
Sign up for one of the Liverpool Echo's free daily and weekly newsletters on Liverpool FC by clicking here.