Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to LFC Live.net.
Suggestions that Liverpool has reached an agreement with Newcastle to sign Alexander Isak are wide of the mark, according to several journalists.
It was claimed by one journalist on Saturday that Liverpool had agreed a fee with Newcastle worth around $175 million, but that suggestion was quickly rubbished.

Dominic King of the Daily Mail said that the two clubs are not even in talks at the moment, as he said there is a significant chance there will be no further arrivals at Anfield before Monday's deadline.
Meanwhile, Ben Jacobs said that his Liverpool sources maintained a deal had not been done, and that if one were to be done ahead of the deadline, it would not be for a fee as high as $175 million.
Read More.
Craig Hope, also of the Daily Mail, said talks are yet to resume, and that if and when they do, Liverpool's second offer is likely to be for around $162 million.
Arne Slot was asked in his pre-Arsenal press conference what the likelihood was of Liverpool signing more players over the next few days.
He responded: "I think I said after Monday evening [against Newcastle] that, again, I could make a substitution that impacted the game.
"That's what Federico [Chiesa] did against Bournemouth and that's what Rio [Ngumoha] did now against Newcastle
As always, we try to sign players that can help us, but there is no reason after the first two games to complain or to think we need more.
"If we can strengthen the squad then we will always try to do that if it's for the right money and it's the right player
There are only three or four days to go now, so let's see if we do something – and if we do something, what we can do."
Isak has not played for Newcastle since before the club's pre-season tour of China, which began well over a month ago.
Liverpool saw an opening bid of just under $150 million for Isak rejected earlier in August, and the emphatic nature of Newcastle's rejection discouraged the Reds from returning with a second bid unless they received encouragement that a deal could be done.
That encouragement came in the form of Newcastle agreeing to sign Nick Woltemade from Stuttgart this week, and an official announcement confirming the German's arrival came on Saturday.
Woltemade is viewed by Newcastle as a direct replacement for Isak, which suggests there is a significant chance that Isak will get the move he craves over the next 48 hours or so — but Saturday's report about a done deal was premature.