Liverpool.com

Arne Slot drops Alexander Isak hint with response to Newcastle record signing

Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to LFC Live.net.

Arne Slot said Liverpool could make additions in the transfer market before the window shuts next week.

The Reds continue to hold an interest in Marc Guehi and Alexander Isak ahead of the market shutting on Monday, with the expected arrival of Nick Woltemade at Newcastle United leading to extra hope on Merseyside that the latter could now be available.

The Reds have already added seven senior players to the squad this summer, but there's a sense the team is light on attacking options, with no reliable no.9 back-up, and Federico Chiesa and the inexperienced Rio Ngumoha providing the reserves to Mohamed Salah and Cody Gakpo in the wide areas.



Read More.



Jamie Carragher has called for Liverpool to make additions in the market, while Slot did admit earlier this month that at one more signing was probably needed in the attacking areas.

Asked whether he felt Liverpool would strengthen in the transfer market before Monday, Slot said: "I think I said after Monday, I could make a make a sub to impact the game



"As always we try to sign players to help us but there are no reasons to think after two games we need more

There are only a few days so let’s see."

Asked on whether Woltemade's arrival could result in Isak's possible exit, Slot said: "Newcastle, if it’s true, are about the sign a new no.9 that’s nice for Eddie [Howe] as Anthony [Gordon] is suspended and [Alexander] Isak is not training."