Football Insider

Exclusive: Crystal Palace punishment revealed after Evangelos Marinakis controversy

Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to LFC Live.net.

Credit: Imago

James Murray

Fri 29 August 2025 13:58, UK



Crystal Palace are only likely to be handed a fine after fans displayed a controversial banner aimed towards Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis, sources have told Football Insider.





The incident occured during Palace’s 1-1 draw with Forest at Selhurst Park on Sunday (24 August), with The FA now conducting an investigation into the matter. 

Former PGMOL chief Keith Hackett told Football Insider the Palace banner was “totally unacceptable”, while he called on the governing body to “take action”.



However, sources say Oliver Glasner’s side are only likely to receive a “small fine” and be warned about their fans’ future conduct. 

Credit: Getty Images

The incident occurred after tensions have been high between Palace and Forest over the past couple of months.



Palace were demoted from the Europa League to the Conference League by Uefa following multi-club ownership issues surrounding former co-owner John Textor.



MORE FOOTBALL INSIDER STORIES

Forest will now play in the Europa League instead of Palace, whose appeal was rejected by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) earlier this month. 

Palace chairman Steve Parish claimed the decision to remove the south London club from the Europa League was “the biggest injustice in the history of football”.



The Gibbs-White image was included after Forest blocked his move to Tottenham last month, with the England international eventually signing a new deal at the City Ground. 

Credit: Getty Images

In terms of transfer activity at Selhurst Park, Football Insider revealed on Friday (29 August) Palace are preparing to accept an offer for Marc Guehi from Liverpool.