Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to LFC Live.net.
Credit: Imago
Pete O'Rourke, Transfer Correspondent
Fri 29 August 2025 12:33, UK
Everton are submitting an improved bid to sign West Ham star Tomas Soucek, sources have told Football Insider.
The Merseysiders are in talks to sign the 30-year-old Czech Republic international, but have so far been unable to agree a fee with the East London club.
West Ham value Soucek at £19million, and the player has made it clear he is keen to join Everton and be reunited with former manager David Moyes.
Everton’s new offer is going in as they work on securing a deal by next Monday’s transfer cut-off.
West Ham rejected an initial offer from Everton as they are reluctant to weaken their midfield, but there is a feeling that an improved offer could be accepted.
His contract with the Irons is set to run until 2027, and this may be their last change to raise significant funds from his sale.
Photo by Catherine Ivill – AMA/Getty Images
Football Insider first revealed in April that Everton want to sign Soucek, with Moyes believed to be the driving force behind their interest in a player he “loves”.
MORE FOOTBALL INSIDER STORIES
During the 62-year-old’s reign at the London Stadium, the midfielder made 207 appearances across all competitions and was a crucial part of their style of play.
The Toffees have been aiming to bolster their depth in midfield since Abdoulaye Doucoure’s departure, with the Czech international one of the leading names on their list.
This comes after former Hammers scout and Moyes ally Mick Brown told Football Insider in May that Moyes is pushing to sign Soucek amid doubts about his future at the London Stadium.
Meanwhile, West Ham’s signing of Southampton star Mateus Fernandes has added to their midfield options, and could now allow Soucek to move on.
Alongside their ongoing pursuit of Soucek, the Toffees are also aiming to strengthen other areas of their squad, with a new centre-back high on their list.
Brown told Football Insider on 26 August that Everton want to sign Man City’s Nathan Ake and are preparing to accelerate their move in the coming days.
Credit: Getty Images
Ake’s ability to play at left-back would allow Moyes to strengthen another key area of his side while also adding quality strength in depth to his defence.
Meanwhile, Jarrad Branthwaite is expected to be ruled out until the end of September with a hamstring injury, and Ake would be viewed as competition for the centre-back.
For more Everton and exclusive news, follow us on Facebook or join our brand new WhatsApp Channel for instant updates to be sent straight to your phone.