Football Insider

Sources: Wolves make final Strand Larsen transfer decision after latest Newcastle offer

Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to LFC Live.net.

Credit: Manh Tung, Breaking Media/Imago

Pete O'Rourke, Transfer Correspondent

Fri 29 August 2025 9:42, UK



Jorgen Strand Larsen will not be allowed to leave Wolves for any price this summer after Newcastle United’s rejected bids, sources have told Football Insider.



Speaking on the latest edition of Football Insider’s Inside Track podcast, senior correspondent Pete O’Rourke revealed what his sources have said about Newcastle’s efforts to sign the Norwegian striker.

Vitor Pereira‘s side only signed Strand Larsen on 1 July after last season’s loan move from Celta Vigo, and Wolves had been looking to at least double their money after triggering his £25million option to buy.

Football Insider revealed on 25 August that Wolves would demand close to £60m to sell Strand Larsen this summer, and Newcastle have since seen a £55m bid rejected as Wolves hold firm on their stance.

Sources have told Football Insider that Wolves will now reject all bids for Strand Larsen and want to keep him for the long-term, despite the forward stating that he wants to leave the club this summer.

Newcastle’s lack of progress on a deal to sign Strand Larsen has seen them turn attention to Stuttgart striker Nick Woltemade, and Football Insider sources have said the Norwegian is now likely to stay put.

Credit: Imago

Newcastle have ramped up their pursuit of a new frontman amid Wolves’ stance on Strand Larsen, with a deal for Woltemade now in agreement as they look to finally bring the Alexander Isak saga to an end.

MORE FOOTBALL INSIDER STORIES

Speaking on the new Inside Track podcast, O’Rourke stated that Wolves are holding firm with Strand Larsen despite his own efforts to force a move to Newcastle, who could abandon their pursuit altogether.

“He’s one of Newcastle’s top targets”, he told Football Insider.

“They want to bring in that new striker before Deadline Day on Monday, but it does seem that they’re not making any progress on this deal for Jorgen Strand Larsen.

“A couple of bids have been rejected, £55 million, and Wolves’ stance is that they plan to reject any new bids for the player – they want to keep him.”

Photo by Jose Manuel Alvarez/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

Germany’s towering 23-year-old will certainly bring an imposing presence to Newcastle’s frontline if and when his move to St.

James’ Park is completed, with Woltemade seen as a direct replacement for Isak.

Isak and Newcastle’s hierarchy remain locked in a standoff over his own future as the Swede continues to push for a late move to Liverpool, and his departure would still leave the Magpies short of firepower.

Callum Wilson‘s exit earlier this summer leaves William Osula as the only out-and-out centre-forward at Eddie Howe‘s disposal, and the Newcastle manager would surely want further reinforcements to arrive alongside Woltemade in the form of Strand Larsen.