Echo

Liverpool latest: Reds told to sack Arne Slot as Mohamed Salah U-turn claim made

Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version from Echo or go back to LFC Live.


The latest Liverpool latest sees the Reds told to part ways the under-fire Arne Slot as Mo Salah makes a major call on his futureLiverpool appear to have secured their place in next season's Champions League after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth on Tuesday evening. Short of a minor miracle, it seems the embattled Arne Slot has found some respite at the conclusion of the club's near-disastrous campaign.Tuesday evening proved significant for the Reds, with City's draw also confirming Arsenal as champions — the north London side's first title in 22 years.



All the latest news and analysis from Anfield on the Liverpool Echo's dedicated LFC Facebook pageREAD MORE: Mohamed Salah farewell tipped to be ruined as Liverpool owners told to ban forwardREAD MORE: Xabi Alonso decision 'difficult to accept' as Liverpool manager approach explainedMikel Arteta's triumph will undoubtedly ensure the pressure on Slot persists. Last Friday's 4-2 loss to Aston Villa means the Reds have lost 20 matches across all competitions this season and Pennant believes a change is urgently required.He said: "If the board thinks that this is the guy to stay in charge, then something's wrong with the board.

The report cautions that Salah has not "entirely ruled out" a move to Saudi Arabia, but he is targeting an ambitious project "at the highest level".The reports echo Reds legend Jamie Carragher's assessment earlier this campaign, when he backed Salah to turn his back on Saudi Arabia in favour of remaining in Europe. Speaking on Sky Sports, he said: "I think Mo Salah, the way he's driven like a [Cristiano] Ronaldo, I don't see the Saudi thing just yet."I just think your career's over when you go there [Saudi Arabia].