Echo

Jamie Carragher rips into 'selfish' Mohamed Salah as agreement voiced on Liverpool star

Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version from Echo or go back to LFC Live.


SportFootballLiverpool FCJamie Carragher has delivered his reaction to Mohamed Salah's bombshell social media statement after the Liverpool star appeared to take aim at the club and Arne SlotJamie Carragher has issued a response to "selfish" Mohamed Salah after the Liverpool forward issued a bombshell social media statement on Saturday.Salah, 33, who confirmed in late-March that he will leave the Reds at the end of the season, launched a brutal attack on the club and appeared to take aim at Arne Slot following his side's 4-2 defeat at Aston Villa on Friday."I have witnessed this club go from doubters to believers, and from believers to champions. It took hard work and I always did everything I could to help the club get there.



Liverpool will always be a club that means a great deal to me and to my family."I want to see it succeed for long after I have moved on. As I've always said, qualifying to next season's Champions League is the bare minimum and I will do everything I can to make that happen."Reacting to Salah's statement, Carragher, who has previously criticised the Egyptian for speaking about Liverpool in public, said: "I'm not surprised."I told everybody, 'something else will come before the end of the season.

I thought it may come after the end of the season when he'd moved on, but no."Less than two years ago, I called him selfish for doing an interview and I think that rings true again. It's vital that Liverpool make the Champions League positions, but I'm not surprised and it's not a good look at all."Choose Liverpool Echo as a 'Preferred Source' on Google News for quick access to the news you value.Jamie CarragherLiverpool FCMohamed Salah